Pietro Marcello brings Jack London’s Oakland-set novel to Naples in his innovative adaptation of Martin Eden. This politically charged story of a young man striving to become worthy of his upper-class love is a cinematic experience both timeless and timely. Archival footage, contemporary music, and distinct moments in history swirl together to form an intellectually captivating, emotionally heartbreaking character study.
This episode features the following excerpts from the film’s soundtrack:
- “Il vecchio intellettuale” by Marco Messina & Sacha Ricci
- “Piccere” by Daniele Pace
- “Salut” by Joe Dassin
- “Voglia e turna” by Teresa Di Dio
- “Martin lascia casa” by Marco Messina & Sacha Ricci
- “Paradiso” by Marco Messina & Sacha Ricci