To celebrate the wide release of Pietro Marcello’s latest film Martin Eden, we explore his first four features: Crossing the Line (2007), The Mouth of the Wolf (2009), The Silence of Pelesjan (2011), and Lost and Beautiful (2015). These films all blend documentary with fiction, and the archival with the modern, pushing the boundaries of timelessness and possibility. By uniting the past with the present, whether translating classical cultural symbols into a modern world or seamlessly integrating old footage with the new, Marcello’s cinema makes the contemporary eternal.
- Film at Lincoln Center: Meet the Filmmaker: Pietro Marcello
- Cinema Italiano: Padre padrone
- Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
This episode features the following music excerpts:
- “Parla con me” by Eros Ramazzotti
- “Esseri umani” by Marco Mengoni
- “Incanto” by Tiziano Ferro