The past is ever-present in Ferzan Özpetek’s 2017 thriller Naples in Veils (Napoli velata). A medical examiner is caught in the middle of a murder mystery, as she grapples with her own trauma and secrets from the past come to the surface. This film’s Neapolitan setting explores the binary, or unity, between the ancient and contemporary within art, architecture, gender & identity.
Plus, some news updates on the David di Donatello award winners, and a review on Salvatore Mereu’s Bentu (2022).
- Naples in Veils: iTunes & Apple TV | Amazon Prime Video | Vudu
- Massimo Roberto Beato’s “The Third Sex in Theater”
- David di Donatello Awards: Winners & Nominees | Where to Watch the Winners & Nominees
- Cinema Italiano Podcast: Bentu (2022)
- Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
This episode features the following music excerpts from the film’s soundtrack by Pasquale Catalano:
- “Decumano Inferiore”
- “Museo Archeologico”
- “Lost Adriana”