A married Russian-Italian mother finds a new passion for life when she meets a younger chef in Luca Guadagnino’s I Am Love (Io sono l’amore). Set in Milan at the onset of the new millennium, this love story tackles questions of change, insider/outsider dynamics, and identity against the bourgeois backdrop of the textile industry.
Plus, some quick news updates on the Toronto and New York Film Festivals.
- Toronto International Film Festival: Amanda | The Hummingbird
- New York Film Festival: Exterior Night | The Adventures of Gigi
- Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
This episode features the following music excerpts from the soundtrack by John Adams:
- “The Chairman Dances (Foxtrot for Orchestra)”
- “First Movement (Excerpt)”
- “Harmonielehre Part III: Meister Eckhardt and Quackle”