Your weekly round-up of news, events, and what’s going on (che successe) in the world of Italian film.
- Hyperallergic piece on Beniamino Barrese’s documentary Storia di B. – La Scomparsa di Mia Madre (The Disappearance of My Mother).
- New essays on Lina Wertmüller’s films All Screwed Up and Summer Night.
Festivals & Awards
- This week at the Berlinale, Italian films earned two major awards: Volevo nascondermi (Hidden Away) won Best Actor for Elio Germano won Best Actor for his performance in Volevo nascondermi (Hidden Away), and the D’Innocenzo brothers’ script for Favolacce (Bad Tales) earned Best Screenplay.
- At the festival, veteran director Paolo Taviani praised first-time director Carlo Sironi on his debut feature Sole.
- The David di Donatello award nominations were announced! The top-nominated films are Il traditore (The Traitor), The First King, and Pinocchio.
- Marco Risi has published a new memoir on his father Dino Risi, director of Il sorpasso.