In this episode, I sit down with first-time director Chiara Malta to discuss her film Simple Women (2019). During our conversation, Malta talks about her inspiration for the movie, her experience during production, the role religion and faith plays in the film, and more. You even get to hear some (sloppy) Italian from me!
This interview was conducted on January 11, 2020 at the 31st Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival.
- The Match Factory: Simple Women
- Palm Springs International Film Festival: Simple Women
- Simple Women – my Jan. 2020 essay
- Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
This episode features the following music excerpt:
- “Kool Thing” by Sonic Youth