The friendship between two boys, one from the city and one from the mountains, spans across decades from childhood to adulthood, as they experience love, loss, and self-discovery, set against the stunning backdrop of the Italian Alps. Felix van Groeningen and Charlotte Vandermeersch’s award-winning The Eight Mountains (Le otto montagne) reunites Luca Marinelli and Alessandro Borghi for an epic, emotional story of a lifelong connection.
Plus, updates on the latest film festivals and Italy’s submission for Best International Feature Film.
- The Eight Mountains available from: Criterion Channel | Criterion Collection | iTunes & Apple TV | Amazon Prime Video | Vudu
- David di Donatello Awards: Winners & Nominees | The Eight Mountains winning Best Film (YouTube)
- Cinema Italiano Podcast: Essay on The Eight Mountains (2022)
- The 80th Annual Venice Film Festival
- 2023 Shortlist for Best International Feature Film
- Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
This episode features the following music excerpts from the film’s soundtrack by Daniel Norgren:
- “Like There was a Door”
- “Why May I Not Go Out and Climb the Trees?”
- “My Hobo is Rambling”
- “As Long as We Last”